FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Click on the question to get the answer.
- How does the Dribblestop® incontinence clamp work?
- How small is the Dribblestop® clamp?
- Is the Dribblestop® clamp size adjustable?
- What is the cost of a Dribblestop® Kit?
- How do I order a Dribblestop® Kit?
- What is included in a Dribblestop® Kit?
- Why does a Dribblestop® Kit come with two clamps? Why can't I just order one clamp?
- How do I clean my Dribblestop® clamps?
- Does the Dribblestop® clamp impair circulation or sensation?
- Can I go into a pool or hot tub while wearing the Dribblestop® clamp?
- Can you replace the foam on my Dribblestop® clamp?
- How do I know if the Dribblestop® clamp is positioned correctly?
- I ordered a Dribblestop® clamp. How long before I receive it?
- Where in the world do you ship the Dribblestop® clamp?
- Will the Dribblestop® clamp work if I am circumcised? Or not circumcised?
- Should I consult my doctor before wearing the Dribblestop® clamp?
- Why do I have to order the Dribblestop® clamp through PayPal?
- Can I wear the Dribblestop® clamp when traveling?
- I am wearing the Dribblestop® clamp but still dribbling. What should I do?
- Can I print a Dribblestop® mini brochure off your website for my friend?
- Do you have to be approved through Health Canada to manufacture the Dribblestop® clamp?
How does the Dribblestop® incontinence clamp work?
It takes very little pressure on the urethra to stop urine flow. When adjusted to a comfortable size and fit, the clamp will restrict urine flow by applying slight pressure to only the top and bottom of the penis. The Dribblestop® clamp is worn just behind the head of the penis and should be comfortable but effective, and urine leakage should stop.
How small is the Dribblestop® clamp?
The clamp is only 3 inches long and 1/2 inch wide and is made entirely of plastic and medical approved foam, making it lightweight, comfortable and discreet.
Is the Dribblestop® clamp adjustable?
The clamp is fully adjustable. You can adjust to just the right size by simply changing the link size or selecting a different notch. Easy to read full instructions are included with each kit.
What is the cost of a Dribblestop® Kit?
One Dribblestop® kit (two complete clamps plus extra links) is $119.00 Canadian (shipping included).
How do I order a Dribblestop® Kit?
You can order online from the Incontinence Clamp website or from one of our dealers. Simply follow these four easy steps:
- On the Incontinence Clamp website simply click on the 'Order Dribblestop®' link.
- Once on this page you have two options: Order directly from one of our dealers; just click on the selected dealer and you will be linked to their website to purchase, OR select a PayPal button at the bottom of the order page and order directly from IncontinenceClamp.com website, using your credit card.
- If you select a PayPal button, you will be transported to the 'Shopping Cart' page. Confirm the number of Dribblestop® Kits you wish to purchase and when finished click on the 'Proceed to Checkout' button.
- Complete the billing information form. Make sure that all information is correct before proceeding. Review your order. If all information is correct click the 'Pay Now' button and you are finished placing your order. You will receive confirmation of your order via email and your kit will be mailed within 24 hours.
What is included in a Dribblestop® Kit?
Each Dribblestop® kit comes complete with two clamps, instructions and extra links for adjusting the size to your personal needs.
Why does a Dribblestop® Kit come with two clamps? Why can't I just order one clamp?
The reason we only sell the Dribblestop® clamps in packages of two is because it is very important to rotate the clamps on a daily basis. This allows the memory foam to regain its shape after a day of use, and will allow you to get a longer life out of your Dribblestop® clamps.
How do I clean my Dribblestop® clamps?
The clamps are made of plastic and are lined with medical approved, closed-cell foam padding that will not absorb liquid.
Simply hand wash with soap and warm water, rinse and towel dry. Your clamp is ready to wear again immediately.
Does the Dribblestop® clamp impair circulation or sensation?
The Dribblestop® clamp has been specifically designed to apply slight pressure only to the top and bottom of the penis; it takes very little pressure to stop the flow of urine. Blood circulation is not restricted on the sides of the penis and when adjusted to a comfortable, custom fit the clamp will control urine leakage without affecting penile sensation or circulation. You will still have the normal feeling to relieve yourself when your bladder is full.
Can I go into a pool or hot tub while wearing the Dribblestop® clamp?
Yes, the chlorine from pools or hot tubs should not affect the clamp. Make sure to wash the clamp thoroughly after being in the pool to avoid any chlorine irritation.
Can you replace the foam on my Dribblestop® clamp?
Due to health and hygiene reasons we are unable to do this.
How do I know if the Dribblestop® clamp is positioned correctly?
If you have the clamp positioned correctly and all leakage has stopped, you should be unaware the clamp is on. If you can feel the clamp by either discomfort or pain,
then the clamp is too tight and needs to be adjusted by selecting different notches or different links.
I ordered a Dribblestop® clamp. How long before I receive it?
Your kit is mailed within 24 hours of receiving your order. It takes approximately 5-10 business days to most destinations. International may take a bit longer.
Where in the world do you ship the Dribblestop® clamp?
We can, and do ship anywhere in the world.
Will the Dribblestop® clamp work if I am circumcised? Or not circumcised?
No, it does not matter; this will not have any effect on the performance of the clamp.
Should I consult my doctor before wearing the Dribblestop® clamp?
This may not be necessary unless you have other medical problems besides incontinence.
Why do I have to order the Dribblestop® clamp through PayPal?
PayPal is a secure e-commerce business that allows money transfer and payments to be made through the internet. Paypal does not share your financial information such as credit card numbers with sellers.
Can I wear the Dribblestop® clamp when traveling?
Most definitely. The clamp has no metal parts, and will let you pass easily through airport security systems without setting off the alarm. Two clamps in the kit will also assure you have an extra clamp if one should get lost on your trip.
I am wearing the Dribblestop® clamp but still dribbling. What should I do?
The clamp size may just need adjusting. Try different notches or different link settings. The clamp should be just tight enough to control urine flow, but loose enough that you do not know it is on. If you still have problems after adjusting, contact us. We can probably help.
Can I print a Dribblestop® mini brochure off your website for my friend?
Yes, just click here for a condensed version of our website with all the important information you may require.
Do you have to be approved through Health Canada to manufacture the Dribblestop® clamp?
Yes, we have a medical device license through Health Canada to manufacture and distribute our urinary incontinence clamp.